Getting eth0 to work

Hello everyone,

I just got a Netgear MR314 Router. I am trying to get my RH8.0 system into the
loop but can't seem to get it working. I only have the CLI to work with so no
GUI tool can help :( (Starting to think I should have installed X and KDE). I
have tried doing a ifconfig eth0 up, it brings the interface up but it isn't
configured from the DHCP server that the router is using. I also tried ifup
eth0 but that told me that there was no configuration for my eth0 hardware in
/sbin/ifup. My Windows machine works fine but I can't get my RH8.0 working with
it. If you could please help that would be amazing.

TIA