Re: Psyche and xinetd

Bob Grover wrote:
I've set up with lokkit so that the security is custom and I've allowed incoming telnet, www, ftp, and ssh.

/sbin/service iptables status shows that things should be running fine.

xinetd is listed in the services as running (just to be on the safe side I restarted it).

But I'm not able to telnet to the computer. Not even telnet localhost works.
Use ssh instead of telnet. If you are connecting from a Windows machine, get cygwin, which is a terminal for Windows. Make sure that you install openssh.

/sbin/chkconfig telnet on

will fix your problem.

Forrest