Re: OS time keeps getting out of sync

On 9 Dec 2002, auzie@auzivision.com wrote:

>Date: 09 Dec 2002 16:08:53 -0800
>From: "auzie@auzivision.com" <auzie@auzievision.com>
>To: psyche-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Re: OS time keeps getting out of sync
>
>like wise and random lockups when the monitor / screensaver goes into
>standby even though I have all that turned off in bios etc.
>
>I think there are some issues with time / this kernel.. or xfree..

The X server does not like major time skew in either direction.
This is a limitation of current XFree86.  There is a patch
recently committed to CVS which attempts to handle the timeskew
problem however it is not currently known if it works correctly
or if it causes other problems.

I have backported this patch to 4.2.1 and also 4.1.0, and it is
available for testing in my 8.0 directory at the URL in my sig.

4.2.1-9.4 or later.