Re: help for freshrpm's videolan package needed

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 21:24, Peter Boy wrote:
> I just tried to update my videolan client 0.4.1-fr1 with the current one
> from freshmeat. Unfortunately it fails complaining about missing
> dependencies:
>
>         libasound.so.2 is needed by videolan-client-0.4.6-fr1

You need alsa-lib for this one.

and lirc for this one. Both are available at freshrpms.net as well.

> I couldn't find a hint on freshrpms where to find them. liblirc could be
> ifra red project but I have no IR hardware here and videostreaming using
> IR?

Matthias compiles these things on his system, which has these libraries
installed. You will need to install these libraries, or possibly get the
.src.rpm and recompile without them.

Although lirc is not for streaming video directly, a friend of mine has
a camcorder that will stream via infrared to a receiver attached to a tv
or a vcr. I honestly didn't think IR had that kind of bandwidth. Of
course you still have problems with people walking through the beam...

--
Chris Kloiber