Re: Psyche-list digest, Vol 1 #645 - 16 msgs

> Message: 7
> Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:12:08 +1100 (EST)
> Subject: Re: D-Link AirPro support (was Re: PC Card problems.)
> From: "Andrew Smith" <rhml2@k1k2.com>
> To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
>
> I thought I'd drag this thread back up since I've been looking
> into it recently ...
> D-Link tech support in Australia says they should have a linux
> driver soon for the AirPlus cards. (TI chipset cards)
> Don't know if that is a problem for non-Aus cards or not.
> The Win driver version on the Aus site is different to the US site
>
> Funnily enough, a google search also said early December,
> in a another mailing list post back at the end of August.
> (that's why I emailed D-Link to verify what I read elsewhere)
>
> Hopefully,
> "The Linux drivers should be available soon,
> when available they will be posted on the website,
> please check back every few days for updates."
> does mean very soon.
>
> > None of the 22Mbit cards, or more specifically, none of the 802.11b
> > card based on the TI chipsets are supported under linux.  That includes
> > the SMC card, specifically, the SMC 2635.  The prism/prism2/prism3
> > chipset is well supported, which includes the Dlink 650, SMC 2632,
> > Netgear MA401, and Linksys WPC11, among others.  Other very well
> > supported cards include the Orinoco and Cisco Aironet.  See
> >
> > http://www.linux-wlan.org/
> > for the wlan-ng homepage and see
> >
> > http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/
> > for rpms and very specific instructions on how to install them.
>
> --
> -Cheers
> -Andrew
>
> MS ... if only he hadn't been hang gliding!ing list
> Psyche-list@redhat.com
>

> End of Psyche-list Digest

I have also bought the same card.
There is this link to a binary only kernel module built for
Mandrake 8.1 kernel 2.4.18-6 gcc 2
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/LinuxDrivers
or
and this link on Melbourne Wireless to effect thin Q1 2003 Dlink will
provide a driver
http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/wiki/?HardwareDatabase

Damien Clarke