Re: Intel P4 3.06 GHz - hyperthread

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 21:24, David Scriven wrote:
> Can the current kernel handle the hyperthreading
> option that is built into this processor? Has
> anyone had any experience using this processor
> with the hyperthreading enabled?

I haven't seen a non-Xeon with HyperThreading enabled yet. In theory it
should work just fine as it's nearly identical to the P4 Xeon. Don't
expect a massive speed enhancement because of the HyperThreading though.
In fact, you may experience slowdowns. You will probably not notice it
though as the clock speed is insanely fast anyway.

I'm waiting to drop a "Hammer" in my next system.

--
Chris Kloiber