Re: Connecting to Win 2K with Samba

Bob,

I had the same problem very recently, in setting up a small network.  My
problem turned out to be that I'd set the firewall on the redhat box to
high, so it was refusing all attempts at other machines trying to
connect to it.  Turned off the firewall and bang all could be seen and
connected to from the windows machines.  This may not be your problem,
but it sounds very similar to what I was experiencing.  See recent mail
titled "smd.conf"

Looking at the global parameters you've set, I'm not 100% sure, but
should not the os level be at least 33?  And at the end of the hosts
allow, there is the final "." missing, but that might just be a typo in
the mail message?  I've just heard that leaving out the ending "." can
create problems.

Hope this helps and you enjoy the redhat server.

Neil.

--
Thanks,

Neil