Re: SDSC Secure Syslog

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 13:46, Tommy McNeely wrote:

> What do you think of this?
>

> > The San Diego Supercomputer Center has released Secure Syslog, a
> > replacement for the standard Linux/UNIX syslog daemon. It adds security
> > and performance features, while retaining backwards compatibility.
> > According to their announcement, it is the first syslog implementation
> > to target "syslog-reliable" (RFC 3195) functionality and it is the first
> > syslog targeted at very high performance and forensically-sound auditing.

	I got two emails quite a while back, one from RH and the other from
Empress.  Both touted their new syslog replacements as being secure.
Since then I have not heard anything more.  Last time I checked Empress
still had theirs but I haven't seen anything about one from RH.  (OC, I
haven't actually looked...)

--
"Khaaaaamaaayyyy, Haaaaamaaaayyyy, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
                -- Goku, 'Dragon Ball'