Re: postscript and pdf merging

I mentioned that pdftex has a package, pdfpages, on CTAN that does the job. This package is compatible with the pdflatex package that is installed with RH8. I installed to try package and can report that it can do what you want and more with PDF files. Re ps you can use ps2pdf filter before using pdfpages.