DHCP, DNS and VPN

I'm running RHv8 on a Fujitsu laptop and connect to my ISP through a Linksys router. I have the router set up as a DHCP server which works fine. When the laptop acquires it's data from the server it builds the necessary /etc/resolv.conf file to deal with DNS through the ISP. All is fine so far.

I also utilize Cisco's VPN 3000 software to establish a tunnel into my companies WAN. When this connection is established the VPN software (I'm assuming) re-writes the /etc/resolv.conf file to valid DNS entries for the internal WAN. Still all is fine.

The problem is that when DHCP decides to renew the lease it also over writes the /etc/resolv.conf file with the original settings. The VPN connection is still active, but DNS is hosed. I've been told that an easy fix for this is to not use DHCP and just use static IP's. I don't really want to do that because I travel to different company offices and just plugging in the box and booting up with DHCP is sooooo nice.

I have done "zero" configuration for DHCP on the linux box other than telling it that I wanted to use DHCP when I installed v8. Is there some tricks -or- config settings I can utilize that will eliminate this problem?

Many Thanks, ajTreece (a happy Psyche user)