Re: smb.conf file - Solved :)

From: "Neil Loffhagen" <neil@c-w-services.co.uk>

> I know I only recently posted the below message, but thought it
> good top
> post the solution that I stumbled across.  I did another try in the
> windows network neighbourhood and got a different message, about "No
> service is operating at the destination network endpoint".  Did some
> browsing on Technet and found this referred to a port issue.  So
> looked
> at the firewall settings and saw they were set to high.  Put them
> down
> to no firewall and the windows clients could then see the redhat
> server.  Probably need to increase the settings and just let through
> the
> port for smb?  Not too sure about that though.  Any other thoughts
> appreciated, but at least I can get things going a bit more now.

You do want to permit the smb ports. I'd EVER so highly recommend
you do so ONLY for your internal network and nothing else. (I
leave the "internal machines" wide open here, which considering
the number and type of people here is no big deal - 2 people
and a dozen "things" on the network each, give or take a half
dozen....)

{^_^}