Re: Why you should not buy Promise products if you use Linux

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 15:49, JUSTIN GERRY wrote:

> I've been using SCSI RAID arrays for almost three years now, different
> controllers, different RAID setups and I've never run across such a
> poorly supported/designed product.

You are comparing hardware raid with software raid here. Promise "raid"
is nothing more than software raid, and in fact we ship an experimental
driver (GPL) for it already.

> Then again I probably should have stuck with RedHat's software based
> RAID, I've had a server running that for over a year with no problems to
> date.

Red Hat's software raid is indeed better than Promise's software raid...