Re: How to change default setting to open attachments, MS OfficeXPdocuments, (Former :Web Mail question : How to change the link to startOpenOffice instead of AbiWord)

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 19:01, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Thanks for your response
>
> It will be more clear to post following story which is self-explanatory.
>
> After making following editing
>  From Control Center -> File Browsing -> File Associations ...
> moveing OpenOffice up on top of AbiWord
>
> I sent an email with a document created on MS OfficeXP, a table inside, as
> attachment to following email accounts respectively.
>
> aaa@yahoo.com
> aaa@hotmail.com
> laaa@ycos.com
>
> I used Konqueror to browse their websites.   Only in yahoo.com the
> aforesaid document can be opened with a click in OpenOffice and read
> correctly.  In the other 2 websites, clicking the document it died
> automatically.  It looks to me a little bid funny.  I also tried Netscape
> with the same result.
>
> Have any folk on the list had any idea how to fix this problem
>
> Thanks in advance.
-----
In essence, the webmail provider is your MUA and each provider is
responsible for their web content delivery and the methods used on their
site.

Try emptying your cache and then try the experiment again. If it happens
the same way, I would suggest that you contact the customer service
departments at lycos.com & hotmail.com with your problem.

I might suggest that you try Mozilla because the results are likely to
be different - different browsers - different versions of the same
browser may change your results as well - it's an imperfect world we
live in.

Craig