Re: hda settings

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 21:41, Dan Clowater wrote:

> As Rinaldi mentioned check your cables - but I thing you have bad blocks
> by the sounds of it.

Not necessarily,

I have had this on another board of mine, funnily enough running an
Athlon cpu and a via chipset with a UDMA 100 cable and HDD.

With dma set or unset I get this, I've had it on this board since I
think 7.2 (when the 2.4 kernel came in), I get this occasionally and so
far o problems, and no bad blocks on the hdd either.

I've tried every bios setting possible and even updated the bios twice
and still the same errors.

I've had the same hdd/OS and cable in another machine with a SIS chipset
and no errors at all, put it back in the via and the errors come

Hope that may put you're mind at rest.

Mark

--
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;
to steal from many is research.