re(late) : Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

I had the same problem but i resolved it :you just have to take care that your
php scripts starts by
<?php
//your code
?>
instead of
<?

?>

sorry for my poor english : i'm just french !
Benoît Hervochon,
webmaster@netstarter-linux.org
http://www.netstarter-linux.org/

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 17:28, Peter Boy wrote:

> Suddenly I get an error message from my php scripts:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in  ....
>
> But a query to rpm db shows:
>
> [pb@ibmLinux phpLogic]$ rpm -qa | grep mysql
> mysql-3.23.52-3
> mysql-devel-3.23.52-3
> mysql-server-3.23.52-3
> php-mysql-4.2.2-8.0.5
>
> The php-mysql module is installed and should work.

If you have moved your scripts over from a different version of Red Hat
or another distro, it could be due to the default settings in
/etc/php.ini in Red Hat 8.0.

These are the two most common variable settings that bite people moving
PHP to a default RH8 install.  Check them in /etc/php.ini:

short_open_tag = Off
register_globals = Off

Change them to "On" and see if it fixes your problem.  Check the PHP
docs for the implications of setting these to "On".

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+