Re: NAT

From: "Joshua Melbourne White" <jmwhite3@ncsu.edu>

> Can anyone explain how I can do this:
>
> I have a computer running RH8 with two network cards.  I want to be able
> to use this computer and share its internet connection with another
> computer running windows 98.  How can I set up the NAT to share my
> internet.  I do not know anything about NAT except that windows did it
> automatically for me.  Thanks for any help.

Joshua, a slightly more ambitious firewall/NAT configuration
exists on my web site:

It is an iptables firewall. It includes the proper ip_forward
setting and loads the necessary modules for ftp etc.

It is an adaptation of the ipmasquerade site's more secure NAT
firewall configuration. Studying it and the original from the
on the second of the two sites below.

http://www.netfilter.org/ is the basic site you want to visit.
http://ipmasq.cjb.net/ is the basic IP Masquerade resource site.

Visit both. Perform a little wee miniscule bit of study and
proceed on to setup your IPTables NAT firewall. The small amount
of RTFM required builds character and confidence in the results.
Regardless I highly recommend visiting the above two sites.

{^_^}