Sylpheed v. 0.8.2 & CUPS printing (Jesse Keating & other Sylpheedusers)

Awhile back, Jesse Keating told someone on this list (or the Valhalla list) looking for an e-mail client that he uses Sylpheed and that it is on CD #3. Last night, I installed it (Sylpheed version 0.8.2) and I tested it with a secondary e-mail account.

When I tried to print an e-mail message to our HP LaserJet 6L (we use CUPS) it did print the message, but the 2 1/2 columns on the extreme Left side of the page were not printed.

When I did "File, Print", a little box came up that said Enter the print commnd line ( %s will be replaced with file name) lpr %s is the default, which is filled in in that box. When I said print, it did print the e-mail message, but without the 2 1/2 left most columns.

The "Help" and "FAQ" for this version of Sylpheed are empty.

I changed lpr to cups in the box but then it did not print anything.

Question: How do I get it to print e-mail messages properly with CUPS?

TIA, for your time and help! Lanny in Cali, Colombia, South America