re: iptables logging

On 2 Dec 2002, Iain Buchanan wrote:
there is a /etc/syslog.conf file that manage on how the log works.

just put a
*.kern	/var/log/newfile

on it to make a different log file for your iptables.

make sure you check the /etc/logrotate.conf to avoid your log being
clogged up

btw... I still  can't get it off from my console.. I did remark the *.kern
/dev/console.. how can I avid this?

--
thx
.dave

You can never tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.