Graeme Jensen wrote:
That could be a memory problem. I tried a number of times to get 8.0 installed and when I did I got that problem. After buying some more
memory problem solved.

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 19:21, Pavel Rozenboim wrote:

It happened to me once after I used switchdesk, to switch desktop
environment only on specific display. If that's what you did, remove
.Xclients* in your home dir.

Pavel.

-----Original Message-----
From: orion [mailto:orionc@shaw.ca]
Sent: Thu, November 28, 2002 10:49 PM
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: your session lasted for less than 10 seconds

Hi!
What to do if after trying to log on, I am consistently getting the message:
"your session lasted for less than 10 seconds ...". Initially on my user account, now also on the root account. Trying to log into a Failsafe session gives the same result. This happened the first time I rebooted the computer after installing RHL 8.0 some 2 weeks ago.
Reinstall Linux???
Thanks,
mk