RE: newbie having problems editing files

Thanks, though I am aware of most of the nuances of using "su." Admitted
newbies (like me!), however, sometimes need to be very explicit about
what we do. Many people learn best with visual reinforcement, and
explicitly typing " - root" and seeing the prompt change can be very
helpful to folk who are just making the transition to Linux.

Again, thanks.