Re: Why Doesn't RP8 Show Up?

Sure appreciate your help, Mike!  I really love the thought of linux
replacing M$ but in several years across Debian, Stormix, Progeny,
Peanut, Mandrake, SuSE and now Red Hat have yet to experience a complete
solution ready for non-geek prime time.  We persevere knowing that the
solution is just ahead! ;-)

I ran: rpm -qp rp8.linux20.libc6.i386.cs2.rpm
Was told it was not installed.

So I ran: rpm -Uvh rp8.linux20.libc6.i386.cs2.rpm again
Was told  RealPlayer-8.0-1 was already installed.

So I ran: rpm -ql RealPlayer-8.0-1
Received a list of well over a hundred files, most of them in
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs or /Help or /Plugins and some others in .
/usr/share/mimelnk ...

What next, please?  The geek in me is unwilling to give up.

Thanks for your assistance!

doc

--
David Colburn <kd4e@arrl.net>