install requirements for 8.0

I have been using 7.2 for some time without any problems. The install and
running were basically stress free.  However, trying to install 8.0 has not
been so successful.  At various points during the install the installation
stops with a message saying that due to a lack of memory , a bug, or
hardware problems the installation will be abandoned.  I presume the
hardware is compatible (it's the same I ran 7.2 on) but I'm not sure how
much memory 8.0 needs.  Is there
anywhere I can find this info?

The computer I'd like to install on has the following.  DTK PRM-231 Intel
810 socket 370 micro ATX motherboard with intel 810 Celeron processor.  /
533 / 128MB/ 20GB.
could this be a memory problem?