Re: tora, oracle and qt antialias fonts

Raul Acevedo wrote:

Red Hat 8.0 comes with an RPM for Tora, which is an excellent database
tool similar to Toad. This is great except:

1. It doesn't come with plugins for any databases, which makes it
completely useless except to admire its pretty antialias fonts.

2. There is no information anywhere on how to add the Oracle plugin for
Tora. I have an existing Oracle client installation on my box;
presumably there's a way to get Tora to use those libraries.

Does anyone know how to add the Oracle support to Tora?

The other option is to install the Tora Oracle RPM directly from
GlobeCom, which works and is what I'm doing now, but I don't get the
beautiful antialias fonts that occur with the Red Hat supplied RPM.

Tora is a Qt application, and that RPM is statically linked with Qt
3.0.5, which is what ships with Red Hat. How could I enable antialias
fonts when running Tora from that RPM? Why would that work with the
RedHat RPM but not the one supplied from GlobeCom?

Thanks,

Raul

Why don't you

1. use the RPM flags to find out which files are in both RPMs, 2. install one RPM
3. copy a few files you want to keep
4. Uninstall the first RPM
5. Install the second RPM
6. copy bits over the top of the second RPM

It's messy, but you might get somewhere with it.

Alan