Re: 2nd try: kernel oopses. Bugzilla 77744

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 11:20, Robert Savage wrote:
> Tony,
>
> As I said, I'm just guessing. I'll assume you compiled intermezzo.o
> yourself with gcc 3.2, and that there were no ominous warnings. If you run
> mount with strace (see 'man strace'), do any useful clues appear? Or does
> the oops kill your system before a trace output appears?
>
> --Doc Savage
>   Fairview Heights, IL

I was using the intermezzo.o that comes with Red Hat.  The result of the
strace was that mount is looking for /sbin/mount.intermezzo, but it
doesn't exist.

A caveat here: I was calling what happened an oops because that is what
the our network administrator said it was once he caught his breath
after sprinting to my office to ask what I was doing.  Since the system
is still up I'm not sure this is really an oops, but I'm more of a user
than an admin.

This is seeming more like an intermezzo problem than a Red Hat one so
I'll go to their list.  Thanks for the help.

Tony

--
Anthony Joseph Seward <anthony.seward@ieee.org>