Re: RE:lilo

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 09:10, David Mascot wrote:
> Hi,
> I did install Lilo and I had a Windows boot manager called Bootmagic,
> which I have since realized I did not neet.
> I think Bootmagic may have caused Lilo not to work.
Bootmagic would have overwritten the mbr which is where lilo (or any
boot manager) starts from.  To put it back, rerun lilo:
/sbin/lilo [options]
see 'man lilo' for options.

> I do have a lilo.conf in /etc/, but it has the double circle with the
> slash above it.  When I try to open it in a terminal I get a message
> telling me "permission denied".
Thats so normal users can't do bad things either on purpose or by
accident.  You need to be root (run 'su -l' and enter root password) or
you need to sudo (run 'sudo' and enter your password, if you've set it
up).  Then you can edit it.
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
QOTD: