Re: remote desktop

I have to use ssh to tunnel out to linux box. I am not running kde but the redhat 8.0 desktop but how do u start it remotely

 Ryan McDougall <mcdougrs@yahoo.com> wrote:

If you have a terminal all you need to do is issue the command to startup your
favorite window manager (i.e. startkde). Because X should already be running on
the host box so now running the window manager is just like getting any other X
app to display. No need to mess with VNC if you already have X forwarding to
your machine.

HTH,
Ryan