Re: remote desktop

Kevin McConnell wrote:

--- Pierre Lamb <plamb_98@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks but I already do connect throught SSH then
start the vncserver that is very easy. But I have a
firewall between my linux machine and the vncveiwer
(win2K) I can't seem to get syntax for xstartup in
Rh8.0 for their new desktop.

You mean you want to startup gnome as your Xvnc
session?

You can start up your default Xsession by simply running vncserver and not messing around with .xsession scripts. Login on the console once to get your default session preferences recorded, and then the vncsession will pick this up.

Alan