Re: Postgres Fix

Hi,

The runlevel is supposed to be there. That was so you could know (if you
didn't yet) which level it was.

Then chkconfig showed the status of postgresql on that runlevel.

You didn't confirm or deny that it was supposed to launch with your
answer.

Worse, you just complain that it fails... since I can't read your
computer screen neither possess telepathy I can't help you unless you
are more helpful yourself!! :)

How does it fail?

Did you do any changes to the configuration at all? Because if you
didn't, IIRC, what I proposed to you would most surely make it start.

In fact, how do you know it hasn't started?
doing: netstat -tan | grep LISTEN
Is there a 5432 port listening?

Rui

+ So let's do it...?