Re: Mounting other drives on system

sön 2002-11-24 klockan 19.05 skrev David Mascot:
> When I type the command:
> mount /dev/hda1/mnt/anywhere
> I get the response:
> Can't find dev/hda1/mnt/anywhere in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
>
> Did I make a mistake by placing the root during install at dev/hdc4?
> Is that why I can't mount the other drives?
>
> If I re-install, should I place the root at dev/hda1, even though I want
> to install RH 8 in dev/hdc4?
>
> I still want to be able to boot into Win2k and WinXP at dev/hdb2 and
> dev/hda3.

You miss understood me.
Lets take it simple!
If your NTFS drive is on /dev/hdc1 then you want to mount /dev/hdc1 some
where on your Linux system. Lets say you want to mount it at
/mnt/windows. Then you run the command "mount /dev/hdc1 /mnt/windows".
Replace /dev/hdc1 with the drive you want to mount and replace
/mnt/windows with the place you want to mount it at.
If you have a vfat partition at /dev/hdd3 then you run "mount /dev/hdd3
/mnt/windows", do you get it this time? :)

And i do not recommend reinstalling the system for this, it has nothing
to do with that. You just have to learn how to use the mount command
like the rest of us.

So, go find out where the partitions you want to mount are and where you
want to mount them. When i had a vfat partition i made /mnt/windows and
mounted it there.

--
Kent Nyberg <blurk@telia.com>