From: Mike A. Harris [mailto:mharris@redhat.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 7:21 PM
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: Creating Bootable Installation CD

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Arjun Karkal Prabhu wrote:

>Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:02:51 +0530
>From: Arjun Karkal Prabhu <Arjun_Prabhu@infosys.com>
>To: psyche-list@redhat.com
>Subject: RE: Creating Bootable Installation CD
>
>Hi
>Actually, my friend had the Installation CD, which was bootable (on my
>system)... So, I used the following command
>To create a ISO.
># mkisofs -f -iso-level=1 -J -r -T -pad -v -o CD1.ISO -V "RHcd1"
>/mnt/cdrom/
>Now, using this CD1.ISO, which I created, I wrote the CD using Easy CD
>creator.
>
>-The Media is OK.
>-The CMOS can boot other bootable CD.
>
>I think there is something wrong with the above command that I gave.
>(bcoz, I created the CD1.ISO)
>
>Now, what I want is, to create a BOOTABLE installation CD. How do I
>proceed ?

You should have just copied the CD, then it would have worked
(assuming no bad media or bad burn).  Instead, you copied the
*contents* of the CD and remastered a new ISO image.  That does
not provide any useful benefit, and is why it wont boot.

Just copy the CD properly and it should work.  Again assuming the
original CD is not bad, and that your burn is successful and
passes mediacheck.

--
Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer