Re: Humor: we can still laugh]

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 10:10:58PM -0500, Dan Clowater wrote:
> > Hilarious... but you forgot about:
> >
> > 143 missing posts from the alleged 1331 posts in the running score
> > of posts... I got 1188 from the list and here is this 1388
> > business!!!
> >
> > Sorry - just from reading the superb posting the numbers did not
> > seem to add up so I nerdily checked them with my HP48G. heheh

> I don't know , they got lost somewhere.

Nope, your text is about a mailing list without a Reply-To: header.
these 143 postings were inadversely sent only to the author of the post
being answered, because they forgot to hit "reply all" instead of
"reply".

But then your listing misses the 47 mails complaining about getting
mails twice, because most of those smart enough to hit "reply all" are
still too stupid/lazy to tidy the to/cc fields. (Everyone should only be
allowed to use mutt ("l" replies to list) unless they can prove they
*will* tidy the recipients!)

And then there will arise a discussion about procmail recipes to filter
out duplicate emails. Gladly this discussion soon will get it's own
subject line...

LOL! Thanks for digging this out again, Aaron!

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 7.3 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/