Re: Wallpaper Changer

--- ABrady <xunil@kc.rr.com> wrote:
> On 22 Nov 2002 12:26:54 -0500
> "Randolph L. Chrismon" <rchrismon@rcn.com> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone aware of a program that will automatically change the
> > Bluecurve/Gnome wallpaper on some regular schedule? I've tried CHBG
> > but it seems unable to actaully change the wallpaper.
> Interestingly,
> > the RH 8.0 documentation says that gqview is able to set the
> wallpaper
> > using ctrl-w or a menu option. That, however, does not work either.
> In
> > any event, I'm looking for an application that will let me select
> > either a directory or multiple files then randomly set one of those
> > files as the desktop background on some schedule.
>
> I have chbg allowing me to change backgrounds in either KDE or gnome
> (well, I did in Gnome until the panel stopped working; now only in
> KDE).
> It was giving me problems as well. I set the backgrounds to None in
> the
> settings for each and it allowed chbg to work.
>
> --
> Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.
>

> --

try xscreensaver-demo , it has a random mode - it works in gnome maybe
in kde also.

=====
Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid.
John Keats