Wallpaper Changer

Is anyone aware of a program that will automatically change the
Bluecurve/Gnome wallpaper on some regular schedule? I've tried CHBG but
it seems unable to actaully change the wallpaper. Interestingly, the RH
8.0 documentation says that gqview is able to set the wallpaper using
ctrl-w or a menu option. That, however, does not work either. In any
event, I'm looking for an application that will let me select either a
directory or multiple files then randomly set one of those files as the
desktop background on some schedule.

Thanks.

Randy
--