Re: How to rebuild *.src.rpm files ?

OK, Thanks :)

                      David Kvarnberg
                      <psyche@mellow.ne        To:       psyche-list@redhat.com
                      t>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: How to rebuild *.src.rpm files ?
                      psyche-list-admin
                      @redhat.com

                      22/11/2002 09:56
                      Please respond to
                      psyche-list

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 09:44, lorenzo.zampese@electrolux.it wrote:
> I was not clear too much with my previous message.
>
> With "rebuild" I mean just "to recompile" a *.src.rpm in order to obtain
> *.rpm
> package optimized for my PC hardware.

"rpmbuild --rebuild file.src.rpm" does that. It compiles the source in a
src.rpm
file and places the resulting rpm file somewhere in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/
(depending on target architecture).

You may want to check out the rpmbuild man page for more options though.

David