Re: Ok mis wording the problem w/ 8.0

On Thursday 21 November 2002 17:00, David Durst wrote:
> I just don't see your point,
> you spout off about Microsoft & Solar is.
> But you really don't make a FUNCTIONAL point about what is so horrible
> about distributing the said software.
> You say EULA - even Linux has a EULA you just don't have to click a button
> to accept it.
> If you would like me to understand your side of the argument please
> explain it better than just saying MICROSOFT.

Because once you start adding in stuff like java, and flash, and other such
things, you no longer have a free (as in speech) destro.  One of the main
things I like about Linux, is that it's free.  I'm free to take the distro,
alter it how I want, and use it to my hearts content.  I don't have to agree
to some silly useage statement, nor do I have to worry about making a copy of
what I've done, and giving it to my friends.  When you want to add non-free
stuff to the distro, you lose your freedom.  Maybe thats not so important to
you, but it's important to me, and to a lot of people that I know and
associate with.

Freedom is just a bit more important than saving a few minutes on downloading
the non-free stuff that you feel like using.

Anywho, this isn't worth arguing over on a mailing list for support.

--
Jesse Keating
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: