Re: Video Card recommendation

On 19 Nov 2002, Nadim Bitar wrote:

>Date: 19 Nov 2002 03:07:10 -0800
>From: Nadim Bitar <nadiizu@earthlink.net>
>To: psyche-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Video Card recommendation
>
>I just ordered the ATI Radeon 7500 powered by ATI. Thanks for everyone
>who gave their input

If it works, please test the heck out of it in various
resolutions, color depths, with and without DRI enabled.  Please
send me the output of "lspci -vvn" afterward, along with your
testing results.  I'm trying to gather a list of "Powered by ATI"
hardware that works, and another list of "Powered by ATI"
hardware known to not work properly, in order to help steer
people away from the bad ones.

Again, "Built by ATI" are the only cards tested, officially
supported, and likely to work without trouble.

Good luck,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer