Re: Utility to satisfy rpm dependencies ?

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 05:43, lorenzo.zampese@electrolux.it wrote:
> Does exist any utility to search which rpms are necessary to satisfy a rpm
> dependencies ?

Red Hat Linux includes redhat-config-packages, which will do what you
want, but is limited to the CD's that you installed from.

RHL also includes up2date, which wil ldo what you want, but is limited
to networks servers that Red Hat operates.

You can obtain "apt" and "synaptic" (gui for apt) from freshrpms.net,
which will also do what you want.  In addition to resolving dependencies
among Red Hat's packages, they can fetch programs and resolve
dependencies among additional apt servers.  For instance, if you follow
the directions here:
http://gstreamer.net/releases/redhat/
you can install gstreamer and rhythmbox, and any dependencies they have
from Red Hat Linux.