Re: Nvidia drivers and the new kernel.

At 02:33 PM 18/11/2002, you wrote:
Dan,

You need to recomiple and install the nvidia drivers again. They are compiled
against the specific kernel you are running.

Ryan

Mister (thepoet58@cogeco.ca) wrote*:

>The other night i upgraded my kernel and installed the nvidia drivers for
>my computer, all went well.  The next thing i know there is another new
>kernel which i upgraded to and now i cant get x to start,  is there some
>simple solution or have i buggerd things ?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>Dan Gordon

I had tryed that before but thinking i missed something i tryed again. Her was the out put of the rebuild... the kernel is already installed or something like that. Same for the GLX driver. I can see nothing wrong with the XF86Config file however the error log file reports (NI) not implemented and failed to initialize the NVdriver kernel module aborting Screens founf but none have a usable configuration.

Thanks for your help,
Dan Gordon