Re: Good RedHat 8.0 Books

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Brent Fox wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 10:05:33PM -0800, Ilona wrote:
> > I'm looking into getting some good books on 8.0.  Does anybody have any
> > suggestions?  I'm looking for books that tell me general usage stuff i'm
> > running 8.0 on a laptop and this is my first time w/ linux GUI, had a
> > little command line before this in school (only one semester).  I still
> > have my textbooks from that class though.  (O'Reilly's Linux in a
> > nutshell  and a Practical Guide to Linux by Mark Sobell.
> > Thanx in advance
>
> You might be interested in the Official Red Hat Linux User's Guide.
> It's basically the Installation Guide, the Getting Started Guide and
> the Customization Guide all put together in one book.  Each book
> comes with the Publisher's Edition of Red Hat Linux 8.0.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764549677/qid=1037640595/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/103-5705460-6672626?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

FWIW, This one and 2 others from Red Hat Press (I think) were available
in my local Barnes & Noble. Just in case someone wants to play touchey
feeley before buying. The good news is that they were based on 8.0 not
one of the previous versions.

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....