Re: D-Link DI-713P Printserver

This may not be of much help to you, but I use the D-LinkAir  DP-313, and connect to it via a wireless
PCI card in my RH8.0 box. For this I decided to give the GUI a try, using it to set up the printer.
I browsed to the DP-313 and "discovered" that the ports were named (of all things) lpt1, lpt2, and lpt3.
With that information and the IP address of the device I was printing to a HP-LaserJet 5 in a couple of minutes.

Charles Johnson
Manager, IS Applications
Phone: 463-6527
Fax: 463-6503
Help Desk: 463-6516

Remember the heroes of UAL Flight 93

>>> ke9v@yahoo.com Sunday, November 17, 2002 12:00:45 PM >>>
I've been using a DI-713p wireless gateway that has a built in print
server port.

This allows me to connect my printer to this device, and machines
connected to it via cable or wireless can print to the common printer.

D-Link provides drives for all flavors of Windoze, but I haven;t found
anything for Linux.

Has anyone figured out how to do this with this hardware under Linux (RH
8.0 here).

--
Jeff Davis <ke9v@yahoo.com>