Re: which java, and JAVA_HOME?

Am Sam, 2002-11-16 um 16.44 schrieb James Jones:
> What are the pros and cons of using the gcj Java versus Sun's, and if I
> decide on gcj, what should I set JAVA_HOME to to make Ant happy?

As I understand gcj, it aims at two alternatives

a) to produce native binary code from java source
   Using it this way you have to recompile the ant source in to a
   (Linux) binary and may not need JAVA_HOME

b) to produce Java VM code as an alternative to javac
   Using it this way you use ant just as usual with one of the
   available JVMs (Sun of IBM) and JAVA_HOME points to the JDK or
   JRE install directory (eg. /usr/lib/java or /opt/jdk_141)

Peter