Re: RedHat 8.0 and TNT2 Ultra

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sylvain Jodoin" <sjodoin007@sympatico.ca>
To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 12:59 PM
Subject: RedHat 8.0 and TNT2 Ultra

>I'm new to Linux and just installed RH 8.0 Personal Desktop to learn and
play with it. Everything seems to work correctly >besides graphics. In fact,
I just can't enable 3D hardware acceleration (the option is shaded so I can
not enable it) with the >result that graphical intensive apps are quite
slow.

>I have a P-III 450 Mhz PC with a Nvidia Riva TNT2 Ultra/32MB-based graphic
board.

First off, please post to the list in text mode, as it helps others, and
your emails won't get deleted automatically because it's in HTML.

Second, I don't think you'll get 3D with the nv (nVidia) driver from open
source.  You'll have to go to nVidia's web site and download/install their
drivers to get 3D acceleration and other goodies.

Mike