Re: System Completely Locks Up 4-5 hours After Logging In

The cable I'm using came with the PC, which I bought in February. The
drive it came with is ATA133, so I can only assume the cables are rated
for that. The Maxtor was OEM, so it didn't come with a cable,
unfortunately.

The computer stays off, idle, or (hehe) locked up most of the day so I
can't see how the drive would overheat...I just reached in and touched
it and it feels a little warm but not hot (I used to run a mirror that
did 12GB/day of traffic...the Maxtor isn't nearly as hot as that other
drive got ;)

According to the spec sheet the power supply is 160 W. Huh. That seems
kind of low, but (supposedly) I should be able to support 4 IDE devices
(which I have). Plus, under the current hardware configuration, I've
successfully run SuSE and Windows XP.

I just install RH 8.0 on the other drive (a Western Digital...the one
that came with the box) and I'll let you know how that turns out.