video problem

Hi All,

Kind of a rookie here so I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I have an
older computer, PII 266MHz, with a Diamond Stealth II S220 graphics
card.  Was originally running Windows 95 and worked fine.

I recently installed RH8.0 and it's basically working but when I run
startx it launches but it's huge.  The task bar covers about 1/3 of the
screen and icons are about 3" wide.  It looks like the resolution is way
down, like whatever the next setting below 640x480 is.

Question is then, how can I correct this?  I should also mention that
during the installation, when it let me pick the graphics card and test
it I couldn't get it to display any resonable resolution.  This card was
listed in the selection list but it would just blink and go right back
when I hit the test button, regardless of the resolution setting.

I checked for drivers at the Diamond site but of course couldn't find
any.

I'm open to suggestions here. (crossing fingers there's another option
other than replacing the video card.)

Thanks in advance,
Linn