RE: Kernel Update Slows KDE/GNOME toolbar panels

On 12 November 2002 nbecker said:

>After updating kernel, we usually reboot.  This often gives the wrong
>impression that a problem was caused by the kernel change.  Frequently
>the problem is unrelated, and is just noticed because of the reboot.

But when you have both kernels on the same machine (which is what Up2Date
gives you) and performance in the old kernel is fine but performance in
the new kernel stinks, doesn't that make a strong argument that the
problem is kernel related? I'm not talking about just one time, I'm
talking about trying each kernel several times. I suppose whatever the
problem is could be in something other than the kernel itself but the
problem is still kernel related. Either way, I'd like to know how to fix
it.

Thanks.

Randy