home lan

Where can I find good instructions for setting up a home lan network using my
Lniux box for a server.  I have only linux and Mac OS machines to network.
No Micro$lop products here.
I took a graduate course in netwroking and only learned about protocols (ftp, http, etc) and writes (twisted pair, etc).  I gained no real practical knowledge on how to set up a home network.
As I;ve mentioned, I do have my nix box and iBook sharing a dsl connection through a compaq iPaq switch, but I want to share files and peripherals, as well.

Tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!