Re: request for new mail client suggestions

    dr> For years I've been using emacs to read and send mail. I use procmail
    dr> to filter messages to various "spool" files and then each emacs RMAIL
    dr> file knows which spool file to use for it's input. For example, I
    dr> have:

    dr> ~/Mail/IN.psyche (spool file that procmail fills)
    dr> ~/Mail/psyche (RMAIL file that specifies ~/Mail/IN.psyche as the file
    dr> to get messages from)

    dr> So I basically load ~/Mail/psyche into emacs and press "g" and all the
    dr> new messages from ~/Mail/IN.psyche appear in it. I can then read and
    dr> delete messages, leaving any messages I want there for referring back
    dr> to.

    dr> So I'd now like to get with the times and use a mail client that can
    dr> handle attachments, but I don't want to lose the use of procmail. In
    dr> addition to filtering messages I have it doing many more things
    dr> (autoreplying to certain messages, stripping the unsubscribe tag line
    dr> from the bottom of mailing lists, etc.).

    dr> Is there any mail client that handles attachments and will let me set
    dr> up folders and specify the spool file for each individual folder? So
    dr> far I've taken a quick look at sylpheed and evolution but in a few
    dr> minutes didn't see how to make either of them do that.

    dr> A plus would be if it just requires gtk so I can easily run this on
    dr> Solaris at work w/o having to get andy gnome or qt/kde libraires
    dr> installed on Solaris.

    dr> Thanks,
    dr> Dave

Since you already use Emacs/Xemacs and rmail, how about just switching
to VM or Gnus ? These can easily handle attachment with folders or
virtual folders.
I have been using VM and XEmacs for years myself and find it quite
easy to use.

--
Ray Curtis
Curtis Consulting  -  http://www.ccux.com