----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Klemmer" <klemmerj@webtrek.com>

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 16:32, Paul Hamm wrote:

> I am familiar with EBCDIC and ASCII conversion with dd.  Currently I need
> convert a mainframe tape in EBCDIC with packed decimal format into ASCII.
> dd does not handle packed decimal format.  Does anyone know of a utility
> that does?

 You could write a nice little COBOL program to do the conversion with a
few well placed MOVE statements.  I would offer to do it for you, if you
need it.

 And for all those who just can't resist the jokes, save 'em.  I've
heard it all before.  Just go on about your business.  Nothing to see
here.  Move along.