From: Paul Hamm [mailto:paulhamm@OpenRatings.com]
Sent: Wed, November 06, 2002 5:13 PM
To: 'psyche-list@redhat.com'
Subject: RE: IBM packed decimal format conversion utilities

I noticed.  I did find about what you did.  I might just ask the crew that
sent this little gem to retry with something a bit less mainframe centric.

http://jymengant.ifrance.com/jymengant/jurassicFAQ.html Java seems to have a
PackedDecimal class available.  It also has EBCDIC classes.  See questions
Q5 and Q3

I have found a comercial product that claims to handle this
http://www.emaglink.com/prodMMUnix.htm.  It looks as though there is a
library that can work with this also libcci.a
http://www.arsc.edu/~kcarlson/software/man/libcci.html