Re: Partitioning trouble

Alberto M. R. Davila wrote:

> Hello there !
>
> I am new to Linux, so please be patient with me... I installed Psyche
> in a P3 machine (asus motherboard) and 40GB Maxtor HD... it is a dual
> boot system with Windows 98... it installed good except the
> partitions, the diskdruid made the /boot /root and swap partitions but
> when I tried to create a new partition for /usr or /usr/local it told
> me it was not possible... the system is working OK but I have some
> 30GB free space that I would like to use.. oh yes, I installed the
> server version...

Sounds like you partitioned the whole drive, so there are no free
partitions left. Normally, you want to setup your partitions when you
install. There may be a cool utility that someone else knows about, but
the only way that I know to repartition your root drive is to reinstall,
and manually partition the way you want.

> Another problem is that my network card is not being recognized (SIS
> 930) .. I have to activate it everytime I boot the computer... could
> it be a problem with my 3COM card that is also present in the machine ?

Look under the directory :

   /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts    and look for a file called
ifcfg-ethX (where X is the number of the SIS930, probably either 0 or
1). There should be a line that says:

  ONBOOT=yes

if not, edit/add it to the file.